Saturday, November 19, 2005

Music and English...

This was also the time when I really got interested in music, and I started to translate and understand the lyrics of my favorite songs. I used to take beautiful quotations from famous songs and write them down on my notebook. The very first song that I learnt by heart was “Stairway to Heaven” by Led Zeppelin. But later one of my friends introduced me to the band that would soon become my favorite: The Smashing Pumpkins!




1979

shakedown 1979,

cool kids never have the time

on a live wire right up off the street

you and i should meet

junebug skipping like a stone

with the headlights pointed at the dawn

we were sure we'd never see an end

to it all

and i don't even care

to shake these zipper blues

and we don't know

just where our bones will rest

to dust i guess

forgotten and absorbed

into the earth below

double cross the vacant and the bored

they're not sure just what we have in the store

morphine city slippin dues down to see

that we don't even care as rest

less as we are

we feel the pull in the land of a thousand guilt

sand poured cement, lamented and assured

to the lights and towns below

faster than the speed of sound

faster than we thought we'd go, beneath the sound of hope

justine never knew the rules,

hung down with the freaks and the ghouls

no apologies ever need be made, i know you better than you fake it

to see that we don't care to shake these zipper blues

and we don't know just where our bones will rest

to dust i guess

forgotten and absorbed into the earth below

the street heats the urgency of sound

as you can see there's no one around



No comments: